Start your study adventure in Spain. Good news! Applications for Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded masters scholarship for international students. This scholarship provides the recipient with waivers covering up to 100% of tuition fees and also a limited number of fully-funded scholarships.
Applicants who receive an offer of admission to the Barcelona GSE have demonstrated their potential to succeed in our rigorous, intensive Master’s programs. The most talented candidates also receive a financial offer that covers all or part of their tuition fees.
This merit-based funding comes from generous public and private sponsors as well as the Barcelona GSE’s own resources
The Barcelona GSE offers financial aid based on academic merit. Waivers for 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% of tuition fees with a limited number of fully-funded scholarships. Financial aid will only be awarded to candidates who have an outstanding academic record.
The Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, commonly referred to as Barcelona GSE, is an independent institution of research and graduate education. The School offers a variety of master’s degrees in Economics, Finance, and Data Science. It has been ranked by RePEc among the top Economics Departments in the world.
Each year, we award an average of 800,000€ in merit-based funding to Master’s students. Around 36% of matriculated students have received full or partial funding for their studies.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Barcelona Graduate School of Economics
- Study in: Barcelona, Spain
- Deadline: January 15, 2022 / July 09, 2022
- Master’s Degree in Economics and Finance
- Economics Program
- Finance Program
- Master’s Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis
- Competition and Market Regulation Program
- Economics of Public Policy Program
- International Trade, Finance, and Development Program
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets Program
- Master’s Degree in Data Science
7 Tips to Finding and Winning Scholarships in 2022
Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Waivers for 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% of tuition fees
- Teaching Assistantships
- A limited number of fully-funded scholarships
Eligibility Criteria for Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships
To qualify for Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: International students from developing countries
- An undergraduate/bachelor/grado/laurea, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university (for Bologna degrees, a minimum of 180 ECTS are required).
- A typical applicant would hold a University Diploma in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Business Administration.
- An advanced level of English language skills: TOEFL score of 90 or better / IELTS Academic Test score of 6.5 or better
- Not required but highly recommended:
- Note that the fulfillment of the application requirements does not guarantee admission. Candidates will also be evaluated on the following admission criteria:
- Outstanding academic record
- Quantitative skills
- Reference letters
How to Apply for Barcelona Graduate School of Economics Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
(1) Gather your application materials:
- Undergraduate transcripts: If you don’t have an official transcript yet when applying, you may upload an unofficial copy. However, all accepted students must submit official transcripts during course registration in September, before the academic year begins.
- Undergraduate diploma: If you are applying before having completed your undergraduate program, you will need to to upload a signed letter stating that you commit to graduating before you begin your master’s program at the Barcelona GSE
- Copy of your passport
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
- Statement of purpose (700 words maximum)
- Proof of English language proficiency: Unless you are a native English speaker or have done your undergraduate degree at an English-speaking university, you must provide TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge scores or certificates. If you are not yet in possession of one of these language certificates, we suggest you wait to apply until you can fulfill this requirement with the documents required.
- Optional but highly recommended: GRE General Test scores: Applicants to all programs are encouraged to provide the scores of the GRE General Test, which are often an important element for admission decisions.
A good GRE result is particularly helpful to candidates who have a bachelor in social sciences or other undergraduate degree without a strong quantitative component. In previous years, the GRE score has helped directors to identify candidates with excellent potential but little previous exposure to serious mathematical training. Hence we strongly encourage candidates to submit a GRE. (Barcelona GSE institution code for GRE General Test: 2531).
- Two refernce letter include:
– Intellectual ability
– Research abilities/experience
– Motivation to face challenges
– Capacity to work in groups
– Propensity to thrive in new environment
(2) Complete the online application form: All programs share one online application form. When you create your application, you will have the option to list up to three programs, in order of your preference.
(3) You may submit only one application, with up to three program choices, per academic year.
(4) There is an application fee of 60€ (non-refundable). Most major credit card and bank transfer options are available.
(5) You will receive your admission decision and any financial aid offer within 4-6 weeks (if seats are still available in your program)