With the outbreak of the global pandemic and lock down of cities, offices and some facilities, the Nigerian Government had made it possible for it Citizens to down their individual NIN Card from the comfort of their homes.
This article is a complete break down on how to print NIN Card from NIMC Mobile App is no time anywhere you are. The nimc app has been developed and available on PlayStore since early last year, but poor zero awareness has being it’s fate.
What is NIMC (National Identity Management Commission)?
The NIMC (pronounced as “Neem-See”) is the primary legal institution in Nigeria mandated by law to institutionalize identity management system and regulate the identity sector. (NIMC Act 2007; Sections 1, 2, 5 and 6.
To operate and manage the National Identity Management System (NIMS).
Carry out enrolment of citizens and legal residents and issue a unique National Identification Number (NIN).
The card is used for the verification and authentication of citizens’ identity via the platform to be provided by NIMC.
National identification number can be found on the front of the nimc slip issued to you while applying for the Nin registration.
Note that your NIN should not be confused for your bvn, the NIMC Mobile App has strictly warned that any bvn detected instead of a national identification number will result in the blacklisting of such profiles.
NIMC Mobile App
Welcome to NIMC MobileID the new Mobile Identity ecosystem, published by the NIMC as a part of its Mobile Web Services (MWS) suite of Personal Identity Services.
Your Identity BELONGS TO YOU, and NIMC is using these resources to put power back in your hands. Below is some of the features of the NIMC Mobile App.
- Uniquely Identifying Individuals
- It provides a platform where no one is excluded socially or financially
- Transforms the delivery of social welfare programs, especially those cut off from such benefits.
- It enables people to claim their entitlement
- It helps to eliminate duplicate identity
- It helps to eliminate fraud
- Reduces cost of resources
How To Print NIN ID CARD From NIMC Mobile App
- Download the app directly from play store
- After completing installation, launch the app.
- A form will be provided for you to fill, please fill this form carefully as the form will require you to fill in your National identification number
- Input your phone number (please use the phone number you used while applying for your national id card).
- Click on submit and an attestation will be displayed to you on the next screen
- Click on I agree to continue.
- Now wait for the system to generate encryption keys and verify your data.
After verification, you will be required to set a 4-6 passcode to the app.
After success logging into the app, click on “show my id” to display your id card in image format.
- Screenshot the front side of the id card and click on it to flip it to the back of the id card, screenshot the back too and you are done.
- You can edit the image from your phone or take it to any graphic shop or business centre for editing and printing at an affordable price.
Kindly, use the url below to download the NIMC (National Identity Management Commission) mobile app, supply your NIN and your registered cell number. Your Digital ID will come up.
Now in about five minutes, you can Print your nin id card with your nimc mobile app.
It is not possible to screenshot from he app. it is deliberately made so for security reason. The app does not support screen shooting at all.