WhatsApp has its own cloud backup option that helps you switch between two devices. Unfortunately, doing a cloud backup on an Android device is different from the one on an iOS device. For this reason, figuring how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android or the other way around is means having to worry about data loss and other issues. This article outlines the safest method to ensure that everything on your WhatsApp account from one device is fully transferred to another device running a different operating system. We’ll also show you a couple of alternatives you can use to move single chat threads or conversations.
Method 1: The Safest Way to Transfer WhatsApp – Wondershare Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer
Wondershare Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer is a desktop application for Mac and PC that acts as an interface between two devices when transferring chats and media from one to the other. The device on either side can be an Android or an iOS device. No matter which way you’re transferring your WhatsApp data, Wondershare Dr.Fone can be used to efficiently and accurately execute the transfer. This is most useful when switching over from an old device to a new one or if you’re selling an old device and you want to retain the data on a different one.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chats from iOS to Android using Wondershare Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer
The Wondershare Dr.Fone WhatsApp Transfer module to transfer or backup WhatsApp messages can be found in the main Dr.Fone application, which you can download for Mac or PC using the link provided. Once the installation is complete, follow the steps shown below to transfer all WhatsApp data from Android to iOS, and vice versa.
- Launch Wondershare Dr.Fone on your PC or Mac and select WhatsApp Transfer from the options on the welcome page.
- Next, connect the two devices to the computer using their original charging cables.
- On the software interface, click the option to Transfer WhatsApp Messages.
- You should be able to see the source device on the left and the target device on the right. If they are in the wrong position, click the Flip switch to interchange them.
- Click the Transfer button and wait for all your chats, messages, attachments, and media to be moved from the source device to the target device.
- When you see the success message, click OK and disconnect both devices. Your WhatsApp transfer is now complete.
Wondershare Dr.Fone offers a seamless one-click way for how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to Android or any other combination of mobile devices. It is an effective way to manage your WhatsApp data and it circumvents usual issues such as incompatibility, missing content, and so on.
Other Ways to Transfer WhatsApp Data
There are several other ways to do this, either by using the WhatsApp backup messages feature or using a Gmail account or Google Drive account. We’ve listed these methods in the following section so you can compare them with Wondershare Dr.Fone in terms of feasibility and ease of use.
Method 2: Export Chat Option in WhatsApp
You can use your Gmail account to transfer conversations from one device to another. This method doesn’t allow you to send multiple threads but if you need just one conversation (with or without media), then this is a relatively easy way to do it.
- Open WhatsApp and click to go into the conversation that you want to export.
- Tap the three vertical dots representing the More menu. You can also get there by tapping the DP to go to Contact Info.
- In the dropdown, select More and then tap on Export Chat
- In the prompt, choose to either Include Media or export the chat Without Media.
- After a brief wait, you’ll be shown the share options to send the .txt file that was generated, with any attachments in case you chose Include Media in the previous step.
- Pick a method in the Share window. The file and other attachments can be sent via email, to another WhatsApp contact, or even other apps like Skype or Teams.
Since this option merely involves sharing the conversation, you won’t be able to add this chat to your existing chats. However, you will be able to access it on the other device based on how it was shared (email, Bluetooth, etc.)
This method is a bit of a workaround considering the number of steps involved. The best option is to use a desktop transfer tool like Wondershare Dr.Fone – WhatsApp Transfer. It’s more reliable, you won’t lose any data in the process, and you don’t need a fast Internet connection to do the transfer. Moreover, Wondershare Dr.Fone also comes with a range of other useful modules such as System Repair, Phone Backup, Data Eraser, Phone Manager, Data Recovery, Password Manager (for recovering lost passwords from the device), and more. The interface is extremely user-friendly and most complex tasks are one click or just a few clicks away, making it a favorite among new and inexperienced users with little or no technical ability. At the same time, experienced users can take advantage of powerhouse features like data recovery and system repair. And all of this in a lightweight package that won’t hog up your computer’s resources.