I want to allow more than 2 remote desktop connections on Windows 10
“I have a Windows 10 and used Windows Remote Desktop Connection to remotely access my office computer from home. But recently, because of the change of my work, I need to access multiple remote computers at the same time. How do I allow more than 2 RDP sessions in a Windows 10? Help please.”
Why do we need multiple remote desktop connections?
Many of us have been benefited a lot from remote desktops. But sometimes, a single remote desktop session may fail to fulfill our requirements. There are times that we need multiple remote desktop sessions on Windows 10:
- You are an IT technician working from home and need to test a product on computers running different systems located in your office. You may need to remotely control multiple computers.
- You are a supervisor of a company and always need to help your staff configure their computers. You may need to remotely control their computers to do this instead of coming to their seats in order to save you time.
- You are very good at computers while most of your friends are computer novices. They have the same computer problem and ask for your help. You may want to remotely connect to their computers and solve the problem all at once instead of solving it one after another.
How to allow multiple remote desktop sessions on Windows 10?
Actually, enabling multiple remote desktop sessions on Windows 10 is not that difficult. The point is the way you use to achieve multiple remote desktop sessions. At present, there is some free remote desktop software that enables you to easily allow more than 2 remote desktop connections in a Windows 10 computer. For example, AnyViewer.
Why would AnyViewer be your best choice, let’s look at its benefits:
- Compatibility: It works with a variety of Windows operating systems, from Windows 7 to Windows 11, and from Windows Server 2012 R2 to Windows 2022.
- Reliability: It’s secured by Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) encryption, providing you with secure remote connections.
- Stability: It’s developed by a strong technical team, ensuring the remote connection process stays fast and stable.
- Unattended remote access software: You can remotely access and take control of several remote computers located anywhere, even without someone sitting in front of them.
Having known enough about AnyViewer, next, let’s see how to achieve multiple remote desktop sessions on Windows 10 with AnyViewer.
Methods 1. Send a control request
Step 1. Download, install and open AnyViewer on the client computer and the host computer. Input the device ID of the host computer and then click Connect.
Step 2. Click Send a control request to your partner.
Step 3. On the host computer, click the green button to make the connection successful.
Now you’ve successfully remotely connected to one host computer. If you need to connect to two, three, or four host computers, just repeat the above steps on every host computer.
Methods 2. Input security code
Step 1. On the host computer, go to Settings > Recipient. Tick the third option and then set the permanent security code.
Step 2. On the client computer, input the device ID of the host computer and then click Connect.
Step 3. Choose Input security code and click OK (the controller can input either the permanent security code or the temporary security code of the recipient).
Again, now you’ve successfully achieved unattended remote access to one host computer. You can repeat the above steps to achieve more unattended remote access to multiple computers. Once you’ve done, your computer desktop will look like the following.
As you may see on each remote desktop session, there is a toolbar on the middle top of the remote screen. You can easily change the resolution and image quality, or take some quick operations such as lock, restart, shutdown there. You can also quickly open the chat box and send messages to the recipients.
How to allow more than 2 remote desktop connections on Windows 10? AnyViewer provides you with the easiest way to realize free multiple remote desktop sessions on Windows 10 simultaneously. In addition, it provides you with additional practical functions, making your remote connection process much more pleasant.