It’s that time of the year: Apple is gearing up to announce its latest iPhones. The company today announced it is holding an event on September 14, and though it doesn’t specify the iPhone 13 will be revealed then, this is around the time Apple always reveals its next phones.
This year’s invite is a little more special than usual; the company paired it with a neat little AR easter egg which you can access by visiting the event site on an iOS device and tapping on the Apple logo. It’s basically an Apple-shaped portal to a California landscape.
— Guilherme Rambo (@_inside) September 7, 2021
It’s looking to be a rather busy event for the company. Here’s some of what we think may make an appearance:
- The iPhone 13 series, which are expected to come with high refresh rate, 120 Hz panels (finally) and a smaller notch (finally).
- The Apple Watch Series 7 may show up with a larger screen and flatter edges.
- iOS 15
- Redesigned AirPods with a new case and shorter stems
- The new ARM-based 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pros may show up, but Apple often holds separate events for new Mac hardware a few weeks after its iPhone reveal.
- New iPads (we’re expecting a new iPad Mini in particular) could show up at either event.
Did you know we have a newsletter all about consumer tech? It’s called Plugged In – and you can subscribe to it right here.