Poem is a mild and calm melody slowly played to show depth of feelings or emotions. Poems falls
under various sector with various names apportioned to them. So poems could be so affectionate to the mind and soul while so could develop our mind for suspense or rest.
History from time long ago has produce great poets. Poets are those with the efficient skills of writing poems, breaking boredom and creating excitement. Poems has played a major role in the human mind and body system. All at one time in life has probably sang a poem. Take for an instance the nursing mother who sings to her baby before bed time, that can be a lovely poem depending on its format and content. Examine another lovely poem written by Zarah below.
Events are said to cause emotions, those feelings in expressive words produce a poem with relation to our present feelings. Lots of poems have being written worldwide, some are so short while others so long. An Indian poem called the Mahabharata is said to be the longest poem with over a million words.
The world has globally recognize march 21st as world poet day, so write a poem, be a poet and be proud to join the celebration. Read the poem title Broken by TeamTegz below.
Some great poet of all time include
- Wole Soyinka born in 1934 and from Nigeria.
- Ana Paula Arendt born in 1980 and from Brazil.
- Mustafa Nissaboury born in 1943 and from Morocco.
- Ken Saro Wiwa, the freedom fighter was from Nigeria.
- Shady Yasin born in 1984 and from Somalia.
- David Rubadiri born in 1930 and from Malawi.
- Gabriel Okpara born in 1921 and from Nigeria.
- Ari Sitas born in 1952 and from South Africa.
- Elizabeth Akers born in 1832 and from America.
These are just but a very few poets, they were not the best in poetry, but they had impacting words to the readers of poem.
Thinking of the benefit of being a poet is far more than imagine. It opens the door to world of vocabulary development, create recognition in the society, though a poem is relatively short, those lines can pierce the heart, and lot others.
Try reading poems, try writing some.